Frozen Blade skill causes client freeze and shut down

It happened sometimes before too but didn't know what the reason was. Today i tested and found out frozen blade skill is the reason. I used it on scarecrows too and everytime i used the client frozen, shut down. It was not so often before i many times used this skill before. Btw i use glacier erenion +6 might make things easy to solve.

Edited by Cene
Added staff i used

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Cene said:

It happened sometimes before too but didn't know what the reason was. Today i tested and found out frozen blade skill is the reason. I used it on scarecrows too and everytime i used the client frozen, shut down. It was not so often before i many times used this skill before. Btw i use glacier erenion +6 might make things easy to solve.

it seems that you have not downloaded our client which was released on December?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Cene said:

I did and also manual patched the one u posted on chatbox for crash. Yesterday nothing looked wrong with skill at least didnt happen all tge time. But today all skill use resulted with crash. I will redownload and check again

any news?

I redownloaded and installed. It looks fine for now freezing sometimes but not crashing. The previous client was the one i used since beta and sometimes crashed sometimes didnt. If any problems again i will let u know. Thank you all looks fine for now 

• Thanks 1

Tried frozen blade 10 times had client crashed every single time. Then tried charged blade had no crash all good. Then again tried frozen blade had crash. Then relogged and used frozen blade on uruk trons had no crash. Then i went moradon tried both charged and frozen blade no crash. Used some scrolls to check both no crash. Then went back to eslant frozen bladed larc orcs and brahmans no crash... :(

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Cene said:

Tried frozen blade 10 times had client crashed every single time. Then tried charged blade had no crash all good. Then again tried frozen blade had crash. Then relogged and used frozen blade on uruk trons had no crash. Then i went moradon tried both charged and frozen blade no crash. Used some scrolls to check both no crash. Then went back to eslant frozen bladed larc orcs and brahmans no crash... :(

run anydesk and PM me please

[Shadow]
Use=0
[WeaponEffect]
EffectVisible=0
[Texture]
LOD_Chr=1
LOD_Shape=1
LOD_Terrain=1
[ViewPort]
Width=1366
Height=768
ColorDepth=32
Distance=400
[Effect]
Count=1000
[Sound]
Distance=20
Bgm=0
Effect=0
Duplicate=0
Killstreak=0
Chatsounds=0
[Addons]
TransparentInventory=0
[Other]
SkillEffects=3
LaptopdGPUfix=0
ExtendedVisibility=1
HPBAR=1
AOERangeLock=1
[Cursor]
WindowCursor=1
[Screen]
WindowMode=0
[FPS]
Limit=90
VSync=1
LimitOnFocusLoss=30
[Skin]
UISkin=0
[Font]
ChatFont=1
[Render]
VisibleWings=0
RenderBuffDurations=1
EnforceGCD=1
HighPopulationThreshold=100
CapeRenderLOD=-1
CapeRenderLODPerf=-1
RenderCapes=0
RenderCapesPerf=0
VisibleWingsPerf=0
RenderMinLOD_Chr=3
RenderWithinDist_Chr=0
RenderMinLODPerf_Chr=3
RenderWithinDistPerf_Chr=0
RenderMinLOD_Shape=-1
RenderWithinDist_Shape=0
RenderMinLODPerf_Shape=-1
RenderWithinDistPerf_Shape=0
[Camera]
DisableCameraShake=1
CameraZoomInOutSpeed=5
CameraAngle=15
[Mouse]
RotateSpeed=2
EnableZoomOnRightClick=1
[KeyMap]
HOTKEY1=1
HOTKEY2=2
HOTKEY3=3
HOTKEY4=4
HOTKEY5=5
HOTKEY6=6
HOTKEY7=7
HOTKEY8=8
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_1=F1
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_2=F2
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_3=F3
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_4=F4
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_5=F5
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_6=F6
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_7=F7
SET_HOTKEY_PAGE_8=F8
NEXT_HOTKEY_PAGE=PGDN
PREV_HOTKEY_PAGE=PGUP
TOGGLE_RUN=T
TOGGLE_MOVE_CONTINOUS=E
TOGGLE_ATTACK=R
TOGGLE_INVENTORY=I
TOGGLE_SKILL=K
TOGGLE_STATE=U
TOGGLE_MINIMAP=M
TOGGLE_HELP=F10
TOGGLE_CMDLIST=H
TOGGLE_CHAT=9
TOGGLE_MSG=0
TOGGLE_OVERHEAD=O
TOGGLE_LADDER_BOARD=LALT
CAMERA_CHANGE=F9
MOVE_FORWARD=W
MOVE_FORWARD_2=UP
MOVE_BACKWARD=S
MOVE_BACKWARD_2=DOWN
ROTATE_LEFT=A
ROTATE_LEFT_2=LEFT
ROTATE_RIGHT=D
ROTATE_RIGHT_2=RIGHT
TARGET_NEAREST_ENEMY=Z
TARGET_NEAREST_ENEMY_2=Q
TARGET_NEAREST_PARTY=X
TARGET_NEAREST_NPC=B
TARGET_NEXT_PARTY=TAB
CAMERA_PITCH_ADD=HOME
CAMERA_PITCH_SUB=END
SEND_TARGET_NAME=`
SEND_TARGET_NAME_2=F11
TAUNT_SWIFT=NUM1
TAUNT_BUFF=NUM2
TAUNT_TELEPORT=NUM4
TAUNT_ENEMY_SIGHTED=NUM5
is this options.ini ? And no idea how to get soacs or what it is. There is no soacs file opened after crash. And also its a bit of luck to have a crash. Somtimes it doesn't crash for days.

• Administrators
On 12/31/2023 at 3:29 AM, Ragnar said:

Im getting freezes aswell sometimes,client freezes for some secs and i have to alt tab to fix it..any idea?

if you alt-tab one more time, I'm going to start thinking you're a DJ mixing windows

on a serious note, I managed to reproduce this, unsure if it will make it into the next patch but we'll prioritize this in our upcoming development cycle and aim for a resolution.

@Cene can you confirm that it still hasn't crashed since that patch?

• Like 1
  • ClapClap 1

32 minutes ago, nikos32 said:

if you alt-tab one more time, I'm going to start thinking you're a DJ mixing windows

on a serious note, I managed to reproduce this, unsure if it will make it into the next patch but we'll prioritize this in our upcoming development cycle and aim for a resolution.

@Cene can you confirm that it still hasn't crashed since that patch?

Lol what im supposed to do then..?if i dont alt tab its perma freezed...

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Lol what im supposed to do then..?if i dont alt tab its perma freezed...

He was just joking with you. ALT+TAB'ing is fine. :)

Been ridiculously busy with the rendering, optimisation & bug fixes (some introduced via these changes, which should all be resolved now) that were extremely tedious and time consuming to get to the bottom of, so that one probably won't make it in the next patch unfortunately. I somehow still have some work left, tidying things up with these changes.

I'll definitely try to squeeze it in if I can, though. I just need to spend time time first reproducing & investigating it, and I have no idea how long that will take.

The "Frozen Blade" issue should be fixed though.

• Thanks 1