Suggested Improvements for the latest Bifrost patch

Since a lot of people are talking & complaining about the patch, better to just gather all of it under one cohesive topic so hopefully devs can get involved and fix some of the issues.

Current issues:
1. Server instability, this is the most important thing since last patch and needs fix asap before everything else, people will still play a slightly shittier game as long as it's stable.
2. Way too many Bifrost mobs in and outside bowl, this leads to several problems;
- All designed like Russian nesting dolls and respawn quickly to allow permafarming, people just afk on top of spawn spot inside bowl and it deters from PK
- Due to their numbers and quick respawn, they are always in the way and interfere with PK constantly, especially for mages/archers/pris
- This many fragments flooding the market quickly just when Bifrost got released really messes with the value of many items, it's beyond just Bifrost items, even simple stuff like DM/Titan farm become obsolete slowly since fragments seem to constantly drop high class items at worst. 
- Some mages have pointed out they can't really AoE the spots (not sure if true) but every class should have some kind of way to farm. Based on the damage they deal, I'm not sure if they can staff it, maybe with a full party but I'm not knowledgeable just relaying info I heard.
3. Bifrost mobs in CZ are aggro, this isn't compatible with CZ where no other mobs are aggro as it's a PK zone, and it fucks with people cuz they hit hard or can cancel crucial skills like a party heal etc.
4. Lust or envy whichever blinds your screen constantly has to go. Maybe there could be an option to turn off this effect like the screen shake etc.
On a side note, I think there is an undocumented change to Anvil's +6 rates as well as some previous undocumented changes in the prior patches. I hear it's common here. I'd suggest actually documenting all your changes in patch notes because it leads to frustration.

• Like 5

şunu kısaca madem bifrost getirdin bf yaratığının dışarda ne işi var diye yazsan çok daha kesin çözüm olabilirdi. bu farm slotları belki 1 ay sonra çıkmalıydı ortaya şuan kimse bifrosta girip farm yapmak istemez zaten dışarda bütün gün yapabiliyolar

21 minutes ago, nikos32 said:

BF monsters in bowl will be slightly tweaked. 

Probably Ego, Sloth and Envy will no longer respawn until Wrath, Lust and Greed are killed.

thats even worse for solo players. old system was better, add egos like before and add gluttons to bowl with better drop rate

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Daggeron said:

thats even worse for solo players. old system was better, add egos like before and add gluttons to bowl with better drop rate

I don't see why you're saying that the old system was better where there were 30 colonial ego spawning every minute that flooded the server with fragments much faster than they currently do.

bifrost monsters currently are endgame farming spots, and are not supposed to be for solo players, just like booro and titan.

besides, there aren't many spots, if you're solo it's possible for you to find a room in others' parties.

6 minutes ago, nikos32 said:

I don't see why you're saying that the old system was better where there were 30 colonial ego spawning every minute that flooded the server with fragments much faster than they currently do.

bifrost monsters are for high-end farming, isn't supposed to be for solo players, just like booro and titan.

besides, there aren't many spots, if you're solo it's possible for you to find a room in others' parties.

I like ur new update the old system was too friendly and ruining the server economy and pk system. "Ego, Sloth and Envy will no longer respawn until Wrath, Lust and Greed are killed" if u can do this it can be perfect. Also imo u can put 1 sloth human side 1 sloth to karus side and it will go to till greed. I think there are too much slot at out of bowl also at bowl u can decrease the number of ego slots. Cause it's aggresive and it's effecting the pri's heal cast, mage's nova cast and probably it's really bad for archers. For me 4 x ego at bowl ( the places 3 6 9 12 ) 1x sloth slot at human side 1x karus side can be great.

• Like 1

1. Are there unannounced anvil rates? I have been struggling to even get items to +5 let alone +6. Burned too many items to +4. Next to impossible to get them to +5. It is more like the odds have been swapped. 

2. The aggro of them is insane. Especially egos start following forever. They constantly cancel our castings and deal high damage. Sins are just waiting for the last hit on top of our head letting egos do the dirty work for them. 

3. Game became impossible to play solo/duo because I noticed some of the best income slots of CZ has been tweaked. No more baron/cardinal farm? They dont drop BUS except completion quest. 

4. Economy failed because all the big clans sitting on the slots easily and no one to challenge them. Our item values evaporated. Dm/mini dm farms are long gone since fragments save you 2 BUS. 

5. 7 consecutive empty boxes in MS. Definitely tweaked/unannounced. 

6. Poor server performance and constant unstable ping rates because of the bifrost mobs. 

In conclusion I think bifrost mobs should be in bifrost. Since this is myko, ronark land should be on for 3 days with bifrost mobs(with a fix patch for aggro plz). Bifrost should be fun and challenging but only in the designated map. Why would you ever go in bifrost map unless you want to kill ultima, the mobs are everywhere outside already. Item inflation is inevitable. Didnt like the patch at all. Game is playable for only big clans. Smaller clans are struggling hard. Solo/duo players? We are literally done for. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zamc said:

1. Are there unannounced anvil rates? I have been struggling to even get items to +5 let alone +6. Burned too many items to +4. Next to impossible to get them to +5. It is more like the odds have been swapped. 

If I'm not mistaken, the upgrade rates are the same since 2014

1 hour ago, Zamc said:

2. The aggro of them is insane. Especially egos start following forever. They constantly cancel our castings and deal high damage. Sins are just waiting for the last hit on top of our head letting egos do the dirty work for them. 

the bifrost monsters are non-agro, if you do not hit them they won't hit you.
If you hit them then they will keep chasing you just like atrosses do.

1 hour ago, Zamc said:

3. Game became impossible to play solo/duo because I noticed some of the best income slots of CZ has been tweaked. No more baron/cardinal farm? They dont drop BUS except completion quest. 

1 hour ago, Zamc said:

5. 7 consecutive empty boxes in MS. Definitely tweaked/unannounced. 

seems like they were affected by this;

• Resolved an official issue where the drop rate of some group items was consistently lower than the intended rate for easy (green) and medium (yellow) difficulty targets.

it looks like very low difficulty monsters were having higher (?) drop rate than they should, and higher difficulty monsters had lower rates than should, but either way that's an official KO (in v1298 at least) <bug> which exists in every server... except from ours now :)

however, you're wrong about Laonbelisk, because that's (and the bulture / giant bulcans) what drew our attention and managed to address the issue.
There were barely any old earring drops before this.

1 hour ago, Zamc said:

6. Poor server performance and constant unstable ping rates because of the bifrost mobs. 

I'm not aware of any performance or delay issues; however, we have encountered some technical issues since our last server maintenance;

1. some anti-cheat updates were falsely causing some client performance issues for those who had sound effects on, but this is resolved with the latest client patch
  2. there was a <faulty> server patch that existed at least since 2014 and caused the server to <crash> twice (did not actually crash but the server wasn't responsive so it was like a permanent lag), I cannot get into details on why this never happened before, because you are just a player so you won't understand any of this technical stuff, and it's non of your business after all, but it has finally revealed its face and is now resolved.
  3. the server has been under attack by almost 10k botnets since friday (on and off). however the only thing that the attacker managed to do was to DC some players at random times and made the game unplayable for a couple of hours due to lag spikes. it seems that the attacker is not afraid of the Polizei but what I do know is that he's really mad that he failed to crash the server and wasted his money just for a couple hours of enjoyment, they are still trying to bring us down by the way but I see no impact in game yet. also he was a bit unlucky because of the bad timing, as most players had gone to bed while we were busy fixing the 2 other issues mentioned above, so half of the playerbase didn't even notice, lol.

So, excluding the technical issues that happen once a week, after each maintenance, which is common considering the large amount of updates that we do provide to players on a weekly basis, the server remains highly stable during all other times :) 

• Like 1

BF mobs in cz should only go up untill Wrath,all the rest should be only in BF. The idea is good but like this server will get flooded with frags in a week.

The mobs in cz now aggro , bowl at least,i dont know what you did but its a pain in the ass to play priest now as every mob will hit you and in most of the case will cancel the heals or duffs.

Also tweak starter gear and lvls for new players its always good to have new players and clans in the game.

4 hours ago, nikos32 said:

the bifrost monsters are non-agro, if you do not hit them they won't hit you.
If you hit them then they will keep chasing you just like atrosses do.

Not sure what you mean by non-agro, maybe if u just pass next to them dont attack you, but try and use a skill on 1 of them and then you'll see how many friends it has xD
On Sloth spot you attack 1 Sloth and out of nowhere you have next to you a Greed and an Envy attacking you while their spot is on the other side of the road.

My Suggestions are.
1. To decrease the amount of mobs inside bowl. Maybe 1 or 2 Ego-Glutton-Wrath on each side of bowl (12-3-6-9) with an insta respawn time.
2.Same for Sloths spot. 1-2 spots of Sloth-Lust for each side ( human-orc )
3.Remove Envy and Greed. This should only  be in Bifrost with a high chance of items through gems. (Atm apart of Ultima there is no other reason to go)
4.Make all the bifrost mobs properly Non Agro.
5.Put +3 items on DM,Mini Dm and Titan since the CZ Bifrost frags gives you +3. Not worth to farm anything else apart of bifrost mosters atm.

Edited by Toredo