04.10.2023 Content Update Notes

nikos32

4 hours ago, Zamc said:

I fully geared 4 of my chars with my mage farming. I didnt waste my time crying about a non-existent problem about mages. Most of your income shouldn't be about what drops you get from your cardinals. For example I farmed aoe haungas for bus, ravens for antidefs, dms for monster stones and high classes. And you wanna learn something new? You can actually try upgrading and marketing with those drops! Amazing new feature, isnt it? 😜 I quit the game a while ago and logged my naked ass mage just to see the damages and you know what is even funnier? Mages now do even more damage to mobs 😂 I frankly dont know what youre even talking about at this point. Well, good luck. 

you read but clearly you dont understand. farming haungas,ravens,dms might be good 3 months ago, but now you need atleast 100gb for a one standart item and goodluck farming that money with raven farm lol. im pretty sure you didnt try any mob to compare damages. my math is simple: with full mp gear i was farming eslant dm 3 months ago and hitting 3k with meteor, i was hitting again 3k when nikos said they fixed mages and boosted pvp damage, that means it didnt boost pve damage. but today i hit 2k with meteor. can you explain this to me with your brilliant mind?

im making my explanations with solid examples. mp bonusses were already working for pve.

here is the most basic explanion for you

skill damage:                      before fix                   after fix last week                      after balance patch yesterday

pve:                                                                   1000                            1000                                                  700

pvp:                                                                   1000                            1500                                                1100

Edited by Daggeron

5 hours ago, xnxx said:

When nikos posted this why did you not say how big of an impact and advantage it will give to mages? Read everything and tell me. Now nikos said Reduced the damage of all mage magic skills and you want to cry? You can say everybody will enjoy the game again? You think all other class other then mage was enjoying after that update? Tell me this. Why only mages are buffed and not other class? You still cry even mages are still so fucking strong. Only want easy kill easy pk easy boss?

I hope you will enjoy reading first. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • nikos32 changed the title to 04.10.2023 Updates
  • Administrators
On 10/5/2023 at 12:51 PM, Daggeron said:

you read but clearly you dont understand. farming haungas,ravens,dms might be good 3 months ago, but now you need atleast 100gb for a one standart item and goodluck farming that money with raven farm lol. im pretty sure you didnt try any mob to compare damages. my math is simple: with full mp gear i was farming eslant dm 3 months ago and hitting 3k with meteor, i was hitting again 3k when nikos said they fixed mages and boosted pvp damage, that means it didnt boost pve damage. but today i hit 2k with meteor. can you explain this to me with your brilliant mind?

im making my explanations with solid examples. mp bonusses were already working for pve.

here is the most basic explanion for you

skill damage:                      before fix                   after fix last week                      after balance patch yesterday

pve:                                                                   1000                            1000                                                  700

pvp:                                                                   1000                            1500                                                1100

@Daggeron let's take a look at the outputs below:

vanilla.pngvanilla-2.png
until-sept29.pnguntil-sept29-2.png
since-sept29.pngsince-sept29-2.png

if we approx. the min and max values from the data above, the result would be:

3.5k - 4.5k (vanilla 1298)
4.1k - 5.3k (vanilla 1298 /w absolute power)

4.9k - 6.3k (until sept 29)
5.9k - 7.7k (until sept 29 /w absolute power)

3.7k - 4.6k (since sept 29)
4.4k - 5.5k (since sept 29 /w absolute power)

the reason damages against monsters/NPCs were higher than expected until September 29 is due to the consequences of the PvP balance adjustments we've made over the years.

now that magic damage is properly calculated, and magic skill damages are balanced, as you can see, the outputs are almost identical to vanilla.
the only reason the damage is slightly higher now compared to vanilla (aside from some un-lucky highs/lows in the outputs above) is that all bonuses work, unlike in other v1298 servers, where the maximum that works is 2 elemental damage types.
in the tests above, the character had 168 flame damage, 60 glacier damage, and 25 lightning damage. so, an additional 25 lightning damage was calculated, which normally would not. additionally, the character had 255 MP in stats and an extra +60 MP from items (armor with 0 MP).

edit: a minor correction, the last outputs are not "since sept 29" but "since oct 04", not that it really matters, but let's be accurate.

We should test staff damages on mobs.

Another thing about Archer damages that they should be checked. I wonder what is the reason for big difference between same skill damages to same mob.

Dark Pursuer to mob as below

is it possible to arrange it more stable? Like, for example damages can be between 2800-3400 for this example above instead of 1900-4100 @nikos32

• Administrators
1 hour ago, OsmanAmca said:

We should test staff damages on mobs.

Another thing about Archer damages that they should be checked. I wonder what is the reason for big difference between same skill damages to same mob.

Dark Pursuer to mob as below

is it possible to arrange it more stable? Like, for example damages can be between 2800-3400 for this example above instead of 1900-4100 @nikos32

the hit rate formula is larger because it includes more variables into the calculation.
and then imagine it picking a random number between 0 - xxx which adds as a hit rate.

• nikos32 changed the title to 04.10.2023 Content Update Notes