The reason why RLB event did not start on Sunday

• Administrators

I apologize for today's incident; there was a significant internet outage, leaving me without any internet, phone, or mobile data access for nearly 8 hours.
and this literally happened a couple of hours before taking the server down for a server maintenance and the release of the RLB event.
unfortunately, I was unable to inform anyone due to the circumstances.

here's an official announcement I found:

Notice regarding damage to the landline network of the Regional Business Centers of the P.S. 199, in the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace as well as in the Regional Unit of Serres.

We announce that, due to a fault in the telephone network 199, in the Regional Operations Centers of the Fire Brigade, in the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace as well as in the Regional Unit of Serres, citizens should call the European emergency number 112. In case of repair of the fault , a newer update will follow.

and a follow-up (I guess) announcement:

<> informs that due to the fact that two central cables of the trunk network were cut in different places, fixed and mobile telephony services are affected in areas of the Prefectures of <>. The company's technicians are making every effort to repair the fault as soon as possible. We ask for our customers' understanding of the disruption.

given that it is already too late for a server maintenance tonight, we will be focusing on additional server improvements until, *hopefully*, tomorrow evening (there was a critical RLB issue found during our last test) or thereabouts.