Dev Diaries #3

• Administrators

It's been 2 weeks since our last major update, so let me give you some insight into future updates.

1. Automatic 1 vs 1 tournament:
    1. This one was discussed 1.5 month ago (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/6058-vs-event/) and it was initially planned to be released on September 9 but, due to another project that was started 3 weeks ago, we had no other choice than delaying this one. The most time-consuming part is the testing phase which is going to last about a week, so I cannot really tell if it'll be released either in September or October.
  2. It has been 5 years since we released the <Capture the Flag> event so it's time for an update:
    1. New mode <Capture the Enemy Flag> is expected to be released this month.
    2. Not sure of the rewards yet but they are probably gonna be the same as CTF ones.
  3. Colony Zone War:
    1. The first nation to reach 500 kills in under an hour or, the nation with the most kills in an hour, will be declared as winner.
    2. Probably boss waves at the town base of the winning nation as a reward.
  4. Both game-server and client performance improvements:
    1. It's one of those 1-2 times a year where some clean up is done for the future updates to come and for a better gaming experience overall with less client freezes and client crash issues. It's time-consuming (considering we've been doing it for the last couple of days) but it's worth it.
    2. The main goal this time is to reduce the unexpected memory leak that crashes your client after being online for long sessions like 24+ hours, and the random FPS drops (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/5428-fps-issues-after-1-2hours-of-gameplay/) that forces you to restart the client in every couple of hours.
  5. Some further anti-glitch improvements are expected to be made but we're still waiting for your reports at https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/6180-stunning-for-no-reason-check-the-videos/#comment-38989
  6. New armor will be released next month along with new crafting material, Runes.
    1. Runes ordered from best to worst (Jer, Mah, Tha, Mu, Wun, Bre, Ur, Zygl, Po, La, Fed, Ri, Oth) will be obtainable only by killing monsters in JM, BF and FT events.
    2. You'll be able to combine 3x or 2x of the same type Runes to craft 1x higher level rune.
    3. You'll be able to craft the new armor by combining any type of Runes along with any Valkyrie armor piece.
    4. The better the rune, the better the stats of your newly crafted armor piece.
  7. The other project I referred to earlier, are the QoL improvements (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/6237-just-for-fun/) even though that video is already outdated (as we added mini hp/mp indicator bar, colored target names based on monsters' difficulty, durability/repair indicator etc) you can still watch the AoE casting range lock, the class icons on party list and the hp% on target bar. And who knows what the future will bring... clan bank ? VIP bank ? bigger stuff ? nothing at all ? we'll see.
  8. Lastly, your suggestions -as usual- (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/forum/13-suggestions-feedback-sugerencias-y-comentarios-öneriler-geribildirim/), however we're unsure yet of any skill and weapon changes that has been lately suggested.

Thank you for your understanding and your patience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 3

17 hours ago, nikos32 said:

It's been 2 weeks since our last major update, so let me give you some insight into future updates.

1. This one was discussed 1.5 month ago (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/6058-vs-event/) and it was initially planned to be released on September 9 but, due to another project that was started 3 weeks ago, we had no other choice than delaying this one. The most time-consuming part is the testing phase which is going to last about a week, so I cannot really tell if it'll be released either in September or October.
  2. It has been 5 years since we released the <Capture the Flag> event so it's time for an update:
    2. Not sure of the rewards yet but they are probably gonna be the same as CTF ones.
  3. Colony Zone War:
    1. The first nation to reach 500 kills in under an hour or, the nation with the most kills in an hour, will be declared as winner.
    1. It's one of those 1-2 times a year where some clean up is done for the future updates to come and for a better gaming experience overall with less client freezes and client crash issues. It's time-consuming (considering we've been doing it for the last couple of days) but it's worth it.
    2. The main goal this time is to reduce the unexpected memory leak that crashes your client after being online for long sessions like 24+ hours, and the random FPS drops (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/5428-fps-issues-after-1-2hours-of-gameplay/) that forces you to restart the client in every couple of hours.
  5. Some further anti-glitch improvements are expected to be made but we're still waiting for your reports at https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/6180-stunning-for-no-reason-check-the-videos/#comment-38989
  6. New armor will be released next month along with new crafting material, Runes.
    1. Runes ordered from best to worst (Jer, Mah, Tha, Mu, Wun, Bre, Ur, Zygl, Po, La, Fed, Ri, Oth) will be obtainable only by killing monsters in JM, BF and FT events.
    2. You'll be able to combine 3x or 2x of the same type Runes to craft 1x higher level rune.
    3. You'll be able to craft the new armor by combining any type of Runes along with any Valkyrie armor piece.
  7. The other project I referred to earlier, are the QoL improvements (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/topic/6237-just-for-fun/) even though that video is already outdated (as we added mini hp/mp indicator bar, colored target names based on monsters' difficulty, durability/repair indicator etc) you can still watch the AoE casting range lock, the class icons on party list and the hp% on target bar. And who knows what the future will bring... clan bank ? VIP bank ? bigger stuff ? nothing at all ? we'll see.
  8. Lastly, your suggestions -as usual- (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/forum/13-suggestions-feedback-sugerencias-y-comentarios-öneriler-geribildirim/), however we're unsure yet of any skill and weapon changes that has been lately suggested.

Perfect!

• Like 2

add new bosses and big boss events like bowl ultima,bowl felo for pk times,need new activities with gms

or add new bosses(dropped rare weapons same ascalon +7 but flame maybe) think about that its gonna be boring bc just felo and isi times pk is alive atm.

Edited by thefnl

On 9/19/2022 at 1:48 AM, nikos32 said:

3. Colony Zone War:

1. New armor will be released next month along with new crafting material, Runes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will this crafting method be valid for +7 valkry sets or will we have to upgrade from +1 again? The items we are trying to make +7, +8 are constantly becoming worthless. Valkyries are already new items.

Edited by Emperor
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 9/19/2022 at 3:54 AM, Megajuif said:

does the rune names is in some strange language (like legendary weapon name's) ? Or you're just a diablo2 fan 🤣

You can tell already, but you'll be confirmed when you see their icons as well :) 

On 9/20/2022 at 2:43 AM, Emperor said:
  1. New armor will be released next month along with new crafting material, Runes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will this crafting method be valid for +7 valkry sets or will we have to upgrade from +1 again? The items we are trying to make +7, +8 are constantly becoming worthless. Valkyries are already new items.

A +8 valkyrie piece combined with a rune will give you a new armor +8 piece and so on.

On 9/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, Gilmoores said:

hi Nikos,

if you can give us some info about new sets that coming it would be great(stats of +7/8 )

thanks alot!

No big variation is expected, just like what've done with the red/black and valkyrie/gryphon/bahamut armours.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:00 AM, thefnl said:

add new bosses and big boss events like bowl ultima,bowl felo for pk times,need new activities with gms

or add new bosses(dropped rare weapons same ascalon +7 but flame maybe) think about that its gonna be boring bc just felo and isi times pk is alive atm.

That was something I was going to include in here in the first place, but it takes time to find the asset that I wanna use for the new <boss> but most importantly to downgrade it into our version, it's in my list but the ones above are more important atm so I don't wanna give you false hope.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • ClapClap 1
  • DinkDonk 1

7 hours ago, nikos32 said:

Zaten söyleyebilirsiniz, ancak simgelerini de gördüğünüzde onaylanacaksınız. :) 

Bir rün ile birleştirilmiş +8 valkyrie parçası size yeni bir zırh +8 parçası vb. verecek.

Kırmızı/siyah ve valkyrie/gryphon/bahamut zırhlarında olduğu gibi büyük bir değişiklik beklenmiyor.

Bu, ilk başta buraya ekleyeceğim bir şeydi, ancak yeni <boss> için kullanmak istediğim varlığı bulmak zaman alıyor ama en önemlisi onu sürümümüze düşürmek, listemde ama olanlar yukarıdakiler daha önemli atm bu yüzden size yanlış bir umut vermek istemiyorum.

Thank you very much for your interest in the server and for keeping us informed.

15 hours ago, nikos32 said:

You can tell already, but you'll be confirmed when you see their icons as well :) 

A +8 valkyrie piece combined with a rune will give you a new armor +8 piece and so on.

No big variation is expected, just like what've done with the red/black and valkyrie/gryphon/bahamut armours.

That was something I was going to include in here in the first place, but it takes time to find the asset that I wanna use for the new <boss> but most importantly to downgrade it into our version, it's in my list but the ones above are more important atm so I don't wanna give you false hope.

Try to alive farm and pk,we r just farming boro or titans just for trina,new farm is gonna be good.

And new weapons too,everyone use posion build excep 4 5 ppl.

And just make boss event,spawn ultima after csw on bowl(non drain) lets wacth pk..

• ClapClap 1

ofc that sounds all realy gd good job @nikos32but till all that happend the server gets very empty and bored to death 

yes sry that i am a negative mind again but pls check suggestion section were a over all very nice comunity discouss that  we need fast instand changes

everybody want changes and having a talk about that and it feels liek its getting to 80 % ignore by you 

felankor and isi should be as tanky as bif gate 2 mayjor changes all would agree on

Edited by Salocin

12 hours ago, Salocin said:

ofc that sounds all realy gd good job @nikos32but till all that happend the server gets very empty and bored to death 

yes sry that i am a negative mind again but pls check suggestion section were a over all very nice comunity discouss that  we need fast instand changes

everybody want changes and having a talk about that and it feels liek its getting to 80 % ignore by you 

felankor and isi should be as tanky as bif gate 2 mayjor changes all would agree on

i strongly agree @nikos32there are many quality of life changes that the server could use work on before you drop your updates. Most average players don't even have valk and you want to make it stronger for the p2w players? Please give it some thought.

Edit : But the updates do look fucking awesome!

Edited by Shady Boss
  • Thanks 1
  • ClapClap 1

15 minutes ago, io_oi said:

SHady, was exactly my thoughts.

I mean lets look at the legendary weapons' example. The exc wepon didnt even have a chance. First let people get valk.
ALso make shells farm easy. Even mini dm drop is so bad and that too at +1

Or make Shells drop in weaker enemies outside CZ, such as the stronger mobs on luff/emc, such as Giant Golems for example.

At least the average player can have the choice of going to cz or not.

The way things are now, the weaker users are only NP farms for the stronger players and will have a hard time improving.

• ClapClap 1

updates are good, very important but..

there is so many things to do in the server right now to keep server alive or this server will die before some updates come

when i start playing proko its around 500 ppl on now its 200

look at sugestion section 99% of ppl are saying to do something about farms spot

because new users cant farm in pk because there is always some1 full itens killing farmers

need to do something to make ppl fall in love for the server before they quit

shady and salocin said all!!

listen to us!! hear our voice! players who really love this server

ya for farm right now: Macro, macro and just macrosss

Some solo people farm dm, mages farm ego and melees farm gems in bowl. 

Need to focus on farm area first, especially for new one to gear shell 7 set and wepons 7/8. This should not be difficult as it is now (upgrade is fine as it is ofc). But the shells and normal wepons drop should be this hard. Just yesterday i was helping someone farm shells and i gave up after 20 mins.

Lastly, your suggestions -as usual- (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/forum/13-suggestions-feedback-sugerencias-y-comentarios-öneriler-geribildirim/), however we're unsure yet of any skill and weapon changes that has been lately suggested.

We have more suggestions for you. But obviously all of them been ignored.

Scheduling CSW

Additional LunarWar

Improving farm slots. 

Reducing non-attending events such as DeathMatch. ( PK CR will be much better at 02:00 am )

Making Ego mobs killable only for winner nation during invasion.

We need to be able to melt +8 high class items. Mirage Dagger Totamic spear and many more are useless anymore. 

Additionally related to a suggestion that you did not ignore, Blue Shard is harder to collect but its giving worse item than legendary token. This should be balanced.

We do not need new weapons or new armors.  ( Most of the users even do not have +8 Shells +8 Red/Black Chitins +6 Walkry )

@nikos32 @GM_Thanos @GM_Phobos @Majesty

Edited by OsmanAmca
  • Thanks 1

1. Lastly, your suggestions -as usual- (https://forums.professionalko.com/index.php?/forum/13-suggestions-feedback-sugerencias-y-comentarios-öneriler-geribildirim/), however we're unsure yet of any skill and weapon changes that has been lately suggested.

I forgot the most important.

Delos Isiloon GB drop has to be updated.

It used to be killed every 3 hours and it was giving 2 gbs at least. 

24 hours x 7 days = 168 hours / 3 hours = 56 isiloons  

56 isiloons were givigin 112 GBs. ( In case you kill all of them without losing time. ) 

Now respawn time is 9 hours and still every box giving 2 gbs.

24 hours x 7 days = 168 hours / 9 hours =  18 isiloons  

18 isiloons giving 36 GBs. 

Adding 1x Platinum Bar + 1x GB to every box might help it to get back its balance.

PS: MHP'nin 40. yılı kutlu olsun

New armors/wep will only make babas more stronger ppl who buy itens from the black market, we all know who is

So many things to do on the server to help new users

But who cares??? Let make ppl more stronger

95% of active users still use +7 shells/rc/BC and u nikos want to make babas more stronger

I already said everyday we see less and less ppl if this continue probaly in one mouth we will see less than 50 ppl online... maybe we already got this since we have 50+ ppl merchant in moradon with 2rd acc

I love this server but need something to make new users stick to server and dont leve after 3 days, because full item ppl dont let them farm in cz

• Like 1
  • ClapClap 1

• Administrators

A quick update: so the performance improvements, that was started 2 weeks ago, are more time-consuming than I expected. The game server is probably 50% complete, but the improvements should already be noticeable (it was about 20% complete when we last restarted and updated the server) as the skill attacks are supposed to be smoother and with less failures. The characters' movement and position has also been re-worked and this gives us the chance to re-work the real vs visual position of the characters and the attacking range distances in a better way in the near future.

So, the original plan was to restart the server yesterday for the following:

• Release the Capture the Enemy Flag mode.
  • Add Old BF rings to the beginners gear.
  • Disable abyss fire and drain skills against Felankor and Isiloon bosses in bowl.
  • Replace 2x Gold bars from Isiloon's drop list with 1x Platinum bar in Abyss floor.
  • Randomize the respawn time of Felankor boss.
  • Reduce the exchange rates from Blue Treasure Chest.

However, there's a small issue that needs to be fixed regarding CTEF but that's expected to be resolved later today. We're also planning to add a special reward for the flag holders who will successfully bring the enemy flag to their base, and that's a random red, white, blue or green egg, which the player can use in order to spawn a Mini Felankor.

The CTEF is meant to be a Ronark Land's exclusive event, but if we release the patch on monday or on tuesday then it's also going to take place in Colony Zone just for this week.

• Like 1
  • ClapClap 3

1 hour ago, nikos32 said:

A quick update: so the performance improvements, that was started 2 weeks ago, are more time-consuming than I expected. The game server is probably 50% complete, but the improvements should already be noticeable (it was about 20% complete when we last restarted and updated the server) as the skill attacks are supposed to be smoother and with less failures. The characters' movement and position has also been re-worked and this gives us the chance to re-work the real vs visual position of the characters and the attacking range distances in a better way in the near future.

So, the original plan was to restart the server yesterday for the following:

• Release the Capture the Enemy Flag mode.
  • Add Old BF rings to the beginners gear.
  • Disable abyss fire and drain skills against Felankor and Isiloon bosses in bowl.
  • Replace 2x Gold bars from Isiloon's drop list with 1x Platinum bar in Abyss floor.
  • Randomize the respawn time of Felankor boss.
  • Reduce the exchange rates from Blue Treasure Chest.

However, there's a small issue that needs to be fixed regarding CTEF but that's expected to be resolved later today. We're also planning to add a special reward for the flag holders who will successfully bring the enemy flag to their base, and that's a random red, white, blue or green egg, which the player can use in order to spawn a Mini Felankor.

The CTEF is meant to be a Ronark Land's exclusive event, but if we release the patch on monday or on tuesday then it's also going to take place in Colony Zone just for this week.

* Add Old BF rings to the beginners gear.

this can u do something about, that make only those rings no-upgrade

because some nolife ppl will make 4892348932 acc to get old rings to make normal rings and sell it

and FINALY! something about drain!! keep doing good job!! :D