Battle Priest - cloth or full plate?

Hi everyone,

I was having a discussion with a friend. What do battle priests do nowadays? Do they go half plate or cloth? Cloth has less defense but you can put points into HP (since you don't have to put points in int). Half plate will give you survivability but you need to use more than 46 stat points to be able to wear them. Is it worth the drop off, and what do people normally do on this server?

You need like 2,3k+ AP to actually do anything. Paper priests can easily get 150+ resists and just go glass cannon style instead of trying to desperately tank people. You're never going to be able to tank more than 2-3 people anyway, so you should focus on trying to kill as many people as you can before you die.

It kinda Depends. What I want to do is Go Shield BP. Thinking of either going for a HS or some time of 1h club weapon. Leaning more on the Hanguk Sword. Maybe try and get a Smite Hammer. Sins like to run in groups of 2 or 3 so being Full Glass cannon is already going to get you killed.

I think when you find suitable items(Like ft neck,ft belt,dual roc, and now ii+8) Full str priest is better.Bcz you have a enough defense and hp for survive.And when you debuff people they will take 3-4 hits.I didnt like orthodox type priest like a not battle not Int build.Some int some str is not good for myko servers.Just go and build Full Bp.

4 hours ago, thecalminsanity said:

Also, where do I get upgradable cloth armor? The armor store in Moradon sells them but they're not upgradable

theres another armors npc near where u reskill/restats or taking lvl 10 quest,the npc name is Jerede[Handmade Armor] and location is 466,273

Just go warrior if you want to attack or full support priest if you want to heal people.

BP is just bad unless you have great gear, and even with the best gear one debuff into a gank means you instantly die. I had fun playing BP for a month but I was more of a liability than an asset to my parties most of the time. Only when raiding or attacking unaware targets was I trully effective.

Like Kallop said, you need to hit HARD. Otherwise you are just a support priest with shit stats who can't trully tank.

FP BP is not viable in anyway unless you don't want to be effective. You will have more AC than paper, but either your AP or your HP will be garbage.

Do as you please, I know I did and had fun being BP but it's far from optimal.

My advice:

1) Go Paper BP full str if you have the gear.

2) Go BP if you are starting out, great for farming up as buffer.

3) You can do the sneaky und build and use undying to boost ur hp then switch to full str (with no uniques, papers +6 and II+7 I was able to get 4400HP and 2300AP) which was enough to wreck any sin coming to raid.

Keep in mind:

It's free to restat and reskill, so as long as you got your chitin set +7 and your papers+7 you can just switch as you please.

Good luck