Sign in to follow this  
thecalminsanity

REQUEST - Dark Mares as mage party

Hello friends!

I'm new to this server and I'm loving it so far. I just had a quick question. I joined some mages doing Dark Mares and Death Mares last night, and it was crazy how little damage they were taking. Also, they weren't taking damage very often. It's like the DM's were barely attacking them. Maybe they were stunlocked or something? I'm guessing there was int lightning mages. At the end, there was only 2 left, and I feel like they didn't even need me to heal them

Can someone explain how to do this? I'd love to be able to farm DM's as mage.

Death mare have flame atack ( from far away ) what means you can slide with BP / Warrior / Assasin  and  Mages can use Manes ( lvl 56 skill) , ignitiion , pilars , etc.

Yeah, you can kill death mares and servants of isiloon with mages without taking too much damage. In fact, you can AoE isiloon servants with 3 mages without a priest.

Why is it that mages can do death mares, dark mares, and servants of isiloon as mage? What's the strategy behind it?

They were both standing there using (what looked like) their failsafe attack. I'm guessing it was getting stunned because of the lightning mage? And does ice slow down the attack speed?

Because I've healed at Dark Mares before and I know how much they attack.. These guys were getting hit way less often (and losing only like 30% of their hp each hit). I don't think I even needed to heal

Also, when they were killing Dread Mares (or Death Mares, whatever), it was sitting there just shooting flame breath out. They would get damaged here and there but not too much. They weren't kiting or moving, they were just spamming failsafe I think. I'm guessing it's because of the lightning failsafe stunning them?

Edited by thecalminsanity

Death Mares has a flame breath attack with low attack power.When someone attack it from away they can use just Flame Breath.Because of that it is easy for mages.If 7 mages attack together it can be faster melee party

10 hours ago, thecalminsanity said:

Also, when they were killing Dread Mares (or Death Mares, whatever), it was sitting there just shooting flame breath out. They would get damaged here and there but not too much. They weren't kiting or moving, they were just spamming failsafe I think. I'm guessing it's because of the lightning failsafe stunning them?

Death mares only use a range fire attack that does like 300-400 damage, which is why it's easy to do with 2-3 mages. You can basically just use 720 HP pots to heal the damage you take.